Posted to alt.home.repair
APBarna APBarna is offline

Default Water Hammer In Kitchen Faucet

Robert11 wrote:
Hello,

Have the typical single-handle Delta faucet in our kitchen.

Has recently in the last few weeks developed a water hammer when turning it
such that the cold water is put on.
Water hammer only when turning on.

So, I replaced the two springs and rubber "top-hat" gaskets in the faucet
that contact the ball.

Still have the water hammer.

Any thoughts on what might be the problem, and what to do about it other
than replacing the faucet with a new one ?

Thanks,
Bob

I have a similar problem with a 4 month old LDR washerless double handle
model 012 3400 Kitchen faucet with spray.

http://www.ldrind.com/Index.html

The hammer in this case is in the spout diverter valve as may be for the OP.

If hot or cold water is turned on water flow through the spout is
interrupted as the faucet goes thump thump.

When the spray is pressed and hot or cold water is turned on there is
one small thump and the water flows freely through the spray.

Removing the spout and manually plugging the top and rear hole in the
spout pipe, no thump.

LDR does not list a replacement diverter valve for a kitchen faucet, IMO
there must be one in there.

Alex,