Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hawke[_2_] Hawke[_2_] is offline

Default Was W this stupid?

I admit to being a Bush fan, but on a declining basis as he neared
the
end of his term. So, I let him slide on a lot of stuff.

Today, Purple Lips said our country's electric grid was much the
same as
in Thomas Edison's day. I guess he never read about Nikola Tesla
or
alternating current.

I was in a car wash and laughed my ass off at the captioned
picture.
When my wife asked me what I was laughing about, I explained it

her
and a couple of onlookers and they got a laugh, too.

Steve

Liberals have no use for actual facts when perpetrating an

emotional
manipulation scheme. Just forget what is right an what is wrong

and
embrace the horror they have planned for us.

Now you're trolling. You're not really that dumb. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

My plan is to adapt to the politics de jour. Just today I met with

my
entire engineering staff, all five of us. Well, the other tom isn't

an
engineer but RM. The topic was that since we are among the best in
our
industry, we should see how to best get some of the trillion bucks

they
are
throwing away. What afternoon project could we do that would qualify
for a
few million? We already have a few alternate energy ideas that could
be the
ticket. We all agree not to let politics get in the way of a

jackpot.
So,
I think it's the fool that doesn't game the system that is being
designed to
be gamed. I'll register as a Democrat, contribute to the right
lawmakers
(wink-wink), whatever it takes!

We also have a new towed sonar array that our favorite retired
aerospace
engineer has been tinkering with for years while he was building
underwater
missile systems for the DOD(Shhhh). And, an idea for resealing

joints
in
runways that reduces FOB problems. To bad defense spending will
undoubtedly
plummet.

Indeed. How about creating a new, stiff-bristled body brush? "They"
can fit 'em to street sweepers and use 'em to sweep the dead bodies
off the street after "they" destroy the U.S. (and then the world)
economy with bailouts, resulting in much of the population dying.
[Won't Paul Ehrlich and the Malthusians (sounds like a really bad
band, huh?) be happy when that day dawns?]

--
I'm still waiting for another sublime, transcendent flash of

adequacy.
--Winnie of RCM

We already make brushes to remove flesh from cadavers to harvest bone
grafts. We COULD make a set-up that would sweep up the dead bodies

AND
strip the flesh from them.

Wow. Do they work on live conservatives? They tend to have a lot of
intra-abdominal fat. The brushes would be hard to keep clean.

--
Ed Huntress

Nope, won't work on conservatives! Apparently the machine repels people
with intelligence the way like poles of a magnet repel.

Well, hell, it ought to chew up conservatives for breakfast, then. There
isn't much between their ears besides more fat.

But the sign on the front of the machine: "STOP GLOBAL WARMING"

attracts
stupid, gullible liberals. (pardon the redundancy) Another sign to use
would be: "FREE MONEY FROM YOUR GOVERNMENT". Do you see why it won't
work on conservatives?

Sure. Most of them can't read.

--
Ed Huntress

Maybe you should explain to him again the difference between education and
vocational training. Because it seems like there are really very few
educated republicans, and which he's a good example of. Training to do
business isn't an education it's vocational training. Maybe that is why
conservatives are so obdurate and stick to their simplistic values and ideas
no matter what facts come their way that contradict them. From what I read
around here you are entirely correct about their being a lot of fat between
the ears of conservatives. But then it's always been that way.

Hawke