Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Winterburn Doug Winterburn is offline

Default Internal Combustion Breakthrough?

Jack Stein wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
Jack Stein said:

A truck halls people just like a car, but is easier to get
in and out of than a pot hole with wheels on it.

Pssssst.... "hauls" man, "hauls". Not "halls".

Try moving your lips and reading out loud, and the meaning will be
much
clearer than looking everything up at Dictionary dot com....

You're a bit of an abrasive ****, ain't you Jack?
I never react well to spelling cops...

So yes! I notice you ain't so full of sugar plums either...

Well - then learn to spell when you're posting in public forums and you
won't suffer the heartburn of people correcting you.

Well, learn that public forums are not second grade spelling contests.
If you had trouble figuring out the meaning of the sentence that gave
the other guy so much trouble, then there is little hope for you in the
public forums.

Oh - by the way, I
didn't have to look it up on Dictionary.com - apparently you should have.

Why? I doubt anyone that spent more than a day in the public forums had
trouble understanding what was meant. I also doubt anyone thinks I, or
anyone else posting, doesn't know the difference between hall and haul.

I appreciate the sanctimonious attitudes of the spell cops but they are
seldom to never needed on a public forum. As a matter of fact, the
spell cops generally rear their ugly little heads when they have nothing
left other than an ad hominem attack.

Wait a minute! My dear departed Mum was a spell and grammar cop. She'd
whack me upside the head when I strayed from her standards. :-)