Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Internal Combustion Breakthrough?

Jack Stein wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
Jack Stein said:

A truck halls people just like a car, but is easier to get
in and out of than a pot hole with wheels on it.

Pssssst.... "hauls" man, "hauls". Not "halls".

Try moving your lips and reading out loud, and the meaning will be
much
clearer than looking everything up at Dictionary dot com....

You're a bit of an abrasive ****, ain't you Jack?
I never react well to spelling cops...

So yes! I notice you ain't so full of sugar plums either...

Well - then learn to spell when you're posting in public forums and you
won't suffer the heartburn of people correcting you.

Well, learn that public forums are not second grade spelling contests.
If you had trouble figuring out the meaning of the sentence that gave
the other guy so much trouble, then there is little hope for you in the
public forums.

Oh - by the way, I
didn't have to look it up on Dictionary.com - apparently you should have.

Why? I doubt anyone that spent more than a day in the public forums had
trouble understanding what was meant. I also doubt anyone thinks I, or
anyone else posting, doesn't know the difference between hall and haul.

I appreciate the sanctimonious attitudes of the spell cops but they are
seldom to never needed on a public forum. As a matter of fact, the
spell cops generally rear their ugly little heads when they have nothing
left other than an ad hominem attack.

Wait a minute! My dear departed Mum was a spell and grammar cop. She'd
whack me upside the head when I strayed from her standards. :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Winterburn wrote:
Jack Stein wrote:

I appreciate the sanctimonious attitudes of the spell cops but they are
seldom to never needed on a public forum. As a matter of fact, the
spell cops generally rear their ugly little heads when they have nothing
left other than an ad hominem attack.

Wait a minute! My dear departed Mum was a spell and grammar cop. She'd
whack me upside the head when I strayed from her standards. :-)

But did she haunt the public forums? If she did, shame on her. Her
time would have been much better spent preaching correct message format
and editing methods than harassing adults for spelling and typing
mishaps. Besides, when your Mum corrected your spelling or grammar she
was teaching you because she wanted you to be successful, not mounting
an ad hominem attack. Major difference.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:48:11 -0500, Jack Stein cast forth these pearls of
wisdom...:

Why? I doubt anyone that spent more than a day in the public forums had
trouble understanding what was meant. I also doubt anyone thinks I, or
anyone else posting, doesn't know the difference between hall and haul.

I think it's just obvious you don't know how to spell "haul".

I appreciate the sanctimonious attitudes of the spell cops but they are
seldom to never needed on a public forum. As a matter of fact, the
spell cops generally rear their ugly little heads when they have nothing
left other than an ad hominem attack.

Jack - you present the classic usenet self-absorbed loser. A poor attempt
at escaping your own mis-steps. Recall - it was you who threw out the
first ad hominem attack after a rather light comment on your misuse of the
word "hall". Of course everyone could figure out what you meant - as well,
everyone could see that you did not know the proper spelling of "haul".
You exposing your panties in a usenet forum does not require that everyone
else accomodate you.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:
On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 13:48:11 -0500, Jack Stein cast forth these pearls of
wisdom...:

Why? I doubt anyone that spent more than a day in the public forums had
trouble understanding what was meant. I also doubt anyone thinks I, or
anyone else posting, doesn't know the difference between hall and haul.

I think it's just obvious you don't know how to spell "haul".

Baloney!

I appreciate the sanctimonious attitudes of the spell cops but they are
seldom to never needed on a public forum. As a matter of fact, the
spell cops generally rear their ugly little heads when they have nothing
left other than an ad hominem attack.

Jack - you present the classic usenet self-absorbed loser. A poor attempt
at escaping your own mis-steps.

Typing "hall" vs "haul" is certainly a mis-step, but it's the type of
error common in usenet and insignificant.

Recall - it was you who threw out the
first ad hominem attack after a rather light comment on your misuse of the
word "hall".

You seem confused on the meaning of "first" as well as ad hominem, all
in one sentence.

Recall, you were the first one to respond to this, after 3 other people
responded... makes sense. Did you know I was the first one to complain
about spell cops on usenet, after 4 million others, that is. Did you
know Buzz Aldrin was the FIRST man on the moon... just after Neil Armstrong?

Of course everyone could figure out what you meant - as well,

Of course they could, so pointing out something so silly that had
nothing to do with the argument presented was classic usenet drivel and
the resulting banter one of the things that makes usenet fun for those
choosing to participating in the frivolity.

everyone could see that you did not know the proper spelling of "haul".

Really? How could "everyone" know that? There are a number of reasons
one might type "hall" when one meant to type "haul" in a usenet message,
and not knowing how to spell the word is at the very bottom of the list.

You exposing your panties in a usenet forum does not require that everyone
else accomodate you.

If you think spelling "haul" instead of "hall" or protesting spell cops
in a public forum is exposing one's panties, you have a long road ahead
of you on usenet...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 21, 10:44 am, Jack Stein wrote:

Baloney!

That would be bologna, Jack.

Typing "hall" vs "haul" is certainly a mis-step, but it's the type of
error common in usenet and insignificant.

If it is so insignificant, why get in a flap about it, Jack? The
member was only making an attempt to help you become a better speller.
You did it twice in the same paragraph, Jack. This wasn't inadvertent,
you really didn't know how spell it. Which, in itself is amazing as
you must have seen multiples of thousands of U-HAUL trucks and
trailers in your life. That didn't register so I doubt anything
anybody writes in here is going to register.

Of course they could, so pointing out something so silly that had
nothing to do with the argument presented was classic usenet drivel and
the resulting banter one of the things that makes usenet fun for those
choosing to participating in the frivolity.

everyone could see that you did not know the proper spelling of "haul".

Really? How could "everyone" know that?

Mike said that everyone could 'see' it, not 'know' it, Jack. Stop
messing with the words others spoke/wrote. We already have a couple of
members here who specialize in that.

You exposing your panties in a usenet forum does not require that everyone
else accomodate you.

If you think spelling "haul" instead of "hall" or protesting spell cops
in a public forum is exposing one's panties, you have a long road ahead
of you on usenet...

We now know Jack wears panties. He just denies exposing them.

Soooo... next time, Jack, when somebody makes a light-weight bit of
fun at an obvious fukkup, laugh it off and thank the gentleman for the
assistance.
Be a mensch. Keep it ****ing classy, okay?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Robatoy wrote:
On Feb 21, 10:44 am, Jack Stein wrote:

Baloney!

That would be bologna, Jack.

No Robot, it would be Baloney! Slang for Bull ****, had nothing to do
with sausage! Perhaps you need to visit Dictionary.com...

Typing "hall" vs "haul" is certainly a mis-step, but it's the type of
error common in usenet and insignificant.

If it is so insignificant, why get in a flap about it, Jack? \

I have no problem with the error, it's meaningless. My flap is about
disingenuous spell cops. Really, I don't even have a problem with them,
I enjoy them providing me with entertainment. Think how much I enjoyed
you incorrectly correcting my spelling of Baloney?

The
member was only making an attempt to help you become a better speller.
You did it twice in the same paragraph, Jack. This wasn't inadvertent,
you really didn't know how spell it.

Again, Baloney!

Which, in itself is amazing as
you must have seen multiples of thousands of U-HAUL trucks and
trailers in your life. That didn't register so I doubt anything
anybody writes in here is going to register.

Not true. Even those that can't figure out first from second, or
baloney from bologna occasionally say something worth while, and on that
rare occasion, I'm here for ya.

Of course they could, so pointing out something so silly that had
nothing to do with the argument presented was classic usenet drivel and
the resulting banter one of the things that makes usenet fun for those
choosing to participating in the frivolity.

everyone could see that you did not know the proper spelling of "haul".

Really? How could "everyone" know that?

Mike said that everyone could 'see' it, not 'know' it, Jack. Stop
messing with the words others spoke/wrote. We already have a couple of
members here who specialize in that.

Your kidding right?

You exposing your panties in a usenet forum does not require that everyone
else accomodate you.

If you think spelling "haul" instead of "hall" or protesting spell cops
in a public forum is exposing one's panties, you have a long road ahead
of you on usenet...

We now know Jack wears panties. He just denies exposing them.

Just like you "know" how to spell baloney!

Soooo... next time, Jack, when somebody makes a light-weight bit of
fun at an obvious fukkup, laugh it off and thank the gentleman for the
assistance.

And next time I enjoy making a light weight bit of fun at an ad hominem
spell cop attack, thank me for the entertainment, rather than getting
your panties in a bunch.

Be a mensch. Keep it ****ing classy, okay?

OK, so, let me point out that soooo is not a word, nor is fukkup! So,
everyone now can see that you don't know how to spell.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 23, 10:52*am, Jack Stein wrote:

[snipped a whole bunch of weak-assed attempts at being funny/
intellectual.]

Your kidding right?

You're kidding, right?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 23 Feb 2009 10:52:33 -0500, Jack Stein cast forth these pearls of
wisdom...:

And next time I enjoy making a light weight bit of fun at an ad hominem
spell cop attack, thank me for the entertainment, rather than getting
your panties in a bunch.

You need to look up the definition of ad hominem. You are so far off the
mark that you're beyond amusing, to downright funny.

--

-Mike-