Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Was W this stupid?

On Thu, 19 Feb 2009 11:32:31 -0500, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

They just installed the counter top. It's "Black Pearl" and hangs 18" into
the family room to become the breakfast knook with 4 stools. It's the
centerpiece of the house and it is breathtaking! The company used three
1/2" x 2" steel supports under the overhang. They radiused and painted the
supports and laged them into 2 x 4s that they sistered the cabinet with.
Very professional! I just happened to mention the condo work to one of my
box vendors and he just happened to have a daughter in the business. She
quoted more than $1,000 less than the next lowest quote.

That's a healthy discount. Make sure she quoted everything. It sucks
to get to the end of the job and realize that they'd accidentally left
out the cost of the countertop itself. g

I looked at quartz and I thought it looked fake and cheap, (it's NOT cheap!)
and I looked at Corian and didn't like that either. Actually, being a
form-follows-function kind of guy, a sheet of OSB would be fine with me.

Stained a horrible shade and coarsely polyed, right? gag

The other centerpiece is the 6' x 32" Maple and Cherry butcher block

Pics, please!

workstation that I mounted on two base cabinets that I lifted an additional
4" higher. Being 6' 4" bending over at just the wrong angle to chop an
onion is tough on the back.

SIX four? I thought you were FIVE four. The blue dress makes you look
a whole lot shorter.

The big downside is it's an all-electric home,
no Viking range, no Jen-Air, no Salamander. Oh well, next home!

Yeah.

California's 4 Seasons: Fire, Flood, Drought, & Earthquake
www.diversify.com/shades2.html * NoteSHADE(tm) Laptop Glare Guards