Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Make round cutouts in screens...

On Feb 19, 7:24 pm, wrote:
I need to punch or cutout about 400 5.790" diameter circles from
some various fine nickel woven screen. (thickest is 0.016" thick)

Any good ideas?

I am not sure it is a good idea, but my first try would be to make
something more or less like the steel rule die described by Ed
Huntress. Except I would have a shank on it so it was like a
toothless hole saw. Then try using it in my drillpress at the lowest
speed possible. I would probably try out the concept with one made
from some 1 inch dia steel bar, before making the full sized one.

Dan