Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Maxwell Lol Maxwell Lol is offline

Default What do you use to sign your work.

Norvin writes:

Stretch wrote:
I have been using magic markers and they sometimes (usually) come off
when applying the finish. I would like to know what other choices I
have except wood burning.

Thanks

I have been using a small vibrating tool and follow up with a good
permanent ink. I stain over it and apply several coats of wipe on
oil/poly. I have done this on both red oak and hard maple. Practice
on a piece of scrap is always a good idea.

Some people use leather or brass insets. I don't know about the best
vendor, but here's a site that sells a 1 1/2" brass medallion for $2.90
+ $170 setup charge (minimum 250 pieces)

http://www.gullassociates.com/ships-store/medalss.htm