Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave in Houston[_2_] Dave in Houston[_2_] is offline

Default Thin-Kerf Blades

"henry" wrote in message
On my delta contract saw with forest blade, besides adding link belt I
wired it for 220 and made all the difference in the world ripping
think hardwood. No more blown circuits etc.

My 12+ year old JET contractor began popping the reset button on the motor
even when cutting plywood, much more so ripping 2Xs. After 12 years of
running it on 115v I finally wired it for 240v. It hasn't tripped since.
Additionally, I put the 24t thin-kerf rip blade back (vs. the Jesada 50t
General) on (sans stabilizers) just to rip a bunch of 2X.. The lack of
stabilizers was noticeable in the cut quality.

Dave in Houston