Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical Question Re Liquid-Tape Product

If at all possible, wire connections should be wire nut, and
then electrical taped. The wire nut has a metal spiral
inside, which helps with the electrical connection in
addition to helping hold the ends of the wires together.
I've never used that liquid tape stuff.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello,

Regarding the Gardner-Bender Liquid Tape Product.

Have a connection (117 V) in a house Service Box that is
presently taped,
but quite hard to get to.
Would like to add a bit more insulation to it.

Anyone ever use this Liquid Tape product ?

I would imagine that 3M has a comparable product ?
If so, "better"?

Anyway, their site is very sparse re any good technical
info. for it.

Can it be used over electrical tape, or will it disolve or
otherwise harm
the tape ?
The tape's adhesive, e.g. ?

The reason I'm concerned is that they apparently use a
Hexane solvent in it,
and
this is a pretty potent solvent, I would think ?

Or, is it just used for Non-taped joints ?

Thanks,
Bob