Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] LEGEND65@yahoo.com is offline

Default Some recent work

On Feb 17, 3:14 pm, Robatoy wrote:
Which woodworker could possibly afford one of those? :-}

I underprice substantially. They can as long as I continue to be
young, stupid and desperate. I'm stretching the young part these
days, but the other two still apply Most I've ever sold a box for
was $650, and that was two weeks of work.

And speaking of prices, that's an area I am always uncomfortable
with.

Yup, that's my dilemma these days. I'm doing some artsy-fartsy things
with my router and people pick up one of my sculpted maple leaves and
want one..but then I'm at a loss. To me, it is truly waste/scrap with
15 minutes of machining time. So $ 60.00 it is, each.

Gah! Where are these people and why do they never come to visit me?
I get to deal with the people who want a custom made somethingorother
for $15. I can't even figure out what you want for less than $15 of
labor and I haven't done anything yet.

Then I get a
call from the Legion, they want to decorate 50 soldiers' graves with
them... then I can't, with a clear conscience, ask them for that much.
BUT.. if I tell them, say $ 15.00 each, and the rest of the country
orders 5000 of them, all other projects stop and I have to make
money.... quite a dilemma. Now it's no longer scrap either. What to
do, what to do.

Send them to me

-Kevin