Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Some recent work

I also like to leave wood with beautiful color, its natural color.
Which leads me to ask if those Sycamore legs have any stain on them.

The legs are bubinga, the top and the rails are sycamore. The legs
are from a quartersawn piece of 8/4 bubinga, which it turns out has a
really boring grain pattern on the quartersawn grain, but it makes
good legs at least.

-Kevin

Now I feel like a dumbass. :-)

Now that I'm thinking about it, the legs do have that Bubinga color.
I haven't been around Sycamore enough to know...
in fact it looks like Cocobolo sapwood to me.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--