Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Thin-Kerf Blades

"Larry Blanchard" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:11:05 -0600, Leon wrote:

I recently put a Freud Fusion blade on my antique Delta saw. I was
impressed. Crosscuts look like they've been polished and plywood cuts
have no splintering. Haven't done any ripping yet, but if it turns out
bad I'll post that info.

Freud claims the Fusion blade is as good or better than the Forrest. So
far, I haven't seen any evidence to disprove that claim.

My problem was not so much with a rough or unsmooth cut when using a thin
kerf. The problem I had was mostly from the blade flexing and not making a
"flat" cut. If your stock is not perfectly straight a board van cause a
think kerf to not spin true when ripping.