Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default When is a step a deck?

After October 08 putting up decking, or other raised platforms, in your
garden is permitted development, not needing an application for planning
permission, providing:

1) The decking is no more than 30cm above the ground

But what part of the deck?

Often people have a deck built after having a conservatory or extension
built, typical photo here
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l2...rieDideck1.jpg
(built Sep 07)

The deck under the door threshold is around 60cm off the ground, the part
the tables & chairs are on probably 40cm and the step bottom right 20cm.

Any idea which part they would measure?

I will be asking my local planning dept, but wondered if anyone here had any
ideas?

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk