Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Some recent work

"Upscale" wrote in message

wrote in message
closed, and they are so functional. I don't do it on every box, but
it's definitely something I will keep doing and probably more often
than not.

Do you even need slides at all? Why not drawers that just slide on a flat
frame with a stop to prevent them from coming all the way out? My chest of
drawers works that way, minus the stop.

If I may answer that, ;~) typically a jewelry chest is small, that frame
that typical full sized furniture uses to support the drawers takes up
precious room. Even if the support was only 1/4" thick the loss of storage
area adds up in a hurry. In my particular case I would have lost about
1-3/4" of drawer space and or would have had to sacrifice a couple of
drawers.