Edwin Pawlowski

Default jet or grizzly cabinet saw????

"mgbgt" wrote in message

I don't think I am limiting myself at this point, both saws area capable

of
either 110 or 220 but maybe I'm missing something in all of this,

if I get the saw now that is able to be
switched from 110 to 220 then when I get wiring updated all I will have to
do is rewire the existing saw.

What is the wiring you have now? If it is a dedicated 20A circuit, you are
probably OK with the dual voltage and do the change over later.

If, however, you plan to plug the saw into the same circuit as your lights,
don't even think about it. I have a 1 1/2 HP Delta. When I bought it, I
planned to upgrade the wiring in the garage. Of course I had the saw put
together and wanted to try it out as it would be another couple of days to
finish the electrical. I flipped the switch and the three fluorescent
fixtures in the shop actually went out for a few seconds and the motor
slowly came up to speed. Then the lights came back on. Down right scary!

So, if you have to upgrade the electrical anyway, why not look into the 3 HP
saw if it is in your budget. Unless you have the 20A circuit, yes, you are
limiting yourself. You will have a saw that is unusable.
Ed