Nova

Default jet or grizzly cabinet saw????

mgbgt wrote:

I don't think I am limiting myself at this point, both saws area capable of
either 110 or 220 but maybe I'm missing something in all of this, aren't
the saws them selves the same except for the motor that is bolted to them ?

snip

The Grizzly may be, but the Jet is just a "contractor saw in a box".

snip

my thought is if I get the saw now that is able to be
switched from 110 to 220 then when I get wiring updated all I will have to
do is rewire the existing saw.

And when you get the 220V line run you'll still have a 2 HP saw. You'll be
kicking yourself saying "I should have waited and gotten the larger motor."

If you don't have a tablesaw now, check the swap sheet, "for sale" ads, etc. and
pick up a used contractor saw for use until you get the 220V line in. You
could sell the contractor saw when you're ready to upgrade, and most likely
recoup the money spent for the saw.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA