mgbgt

Default jet or grizzly cabinet saw????

I don't think I am limiting myself at this point, both saws area capable of
either 110 or 220 but maybe I'm missing something in all of this, aren't
the saws them selves the same except for the motor that is bolted to them ?
If this is the case, why is it a disadvantage to get one that will use
either voltage? I realize that most if not all of the 220v saws advertised
have 3 or more HP but under normal usage or better stated only occasionally
cutting 8/4 or thicker hardwoods will the 2hp grizzly saw not be the same
saw that is delivered with the 3hp 220 volt motor or are there other
differences in the table saws beside the motor. I'm saying I'm not looking
into the 220 upgrade but if I do that the saw is going to get put off for
awhile longer and my thought is if I get the saw now that is able to be
switched from 110 to 220 then when I get wiring updated all I will have to
do is rewire the existing saw.

"Frank Ketchum" wrote in message
ink.net...

"mgbgt" wrote in message
link.net...
I am getting ready to make the move to a cabinet saw but I don't want to
have to upgrade electrical right now so I 'm looking at only saws that

are
capable if 110v. I have found a jet 10" 1-3/4 HP Tilting Arbor Cabinet

Table
saw model # JWCS-10A-PF as well as the grizzly 1023S110. Price is

pretty
much the same, the Jet can be bought locally for $849.00 (in stock) and

the
Grizzly is $825.00 + $55.00 shipping. Which saw have the advantage over

the
other and why???

Don,

If I were you, I would wait until I could run the 220 feed and then not be
limited to cabinet saws that can run at 110.

my $0.10
Frank