Posted to alt.home.repair
Nancy Young[_2_] Nancy Young[_2_] is offline

Default Microwave-range hood combo

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Feb 16, 12:52 pm, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We are remodeling our kitchen and the stove will be relocated. When
range hood ducting was mentioned the sales person suggested getting a
microwave-range hood combination and no ducting would be required. It
blows through a filter and then back into the kitchen.

Does anyone have experience with this type of arrangement and what
are your comments.

I had one. It sucked. Or, rather, it failed to suck. It was just
like having nothing at all.

Agreed. That arrangement sucks. I have that, I hate it, but
I wasn't around when it was decided. Whatever you can do to
vent to the outside, do it. It might even be required by law
where you live.

nancy