Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Microwave-range hood combo

On Feb 16, 12:52*pm, Gordon Shumway wrote:
We are remodeling our kitchen and the stove will be relocated. *When
range hood ducting was mentioned the sales person suggested getting a
microwave-range hood combination and no ducting would be required. *It
blows through a filter and then back into the kitchen.

Does anyone have experience with this type of arrangement and what are
your comments.

I had one. It sucked. Or, rather, it failed to suck. It was just
like having
nothing at all. We got rid of it and ducted out through the roof.

I couldn't be happier with it. Cooking smells and excess heat and
steam
actually leave the house now instead of just rolling around the HVAC
system.

Cindy Hamilton