Posted to rec.woodworking
jo4hn jo4hn is offline

Default BUY USA clause in bailout package violates NAFTA

HeyBub wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
I'm still looking for somebody in this thread who thought the word
'crisis' was extreme.
What I did read, was that the news media milks the bejeesus out of any
and all crisis to fill the space between commercials.
And when the likes of Faux News do quote the President, it is usually
out of context with the sole purpose of trying to whitewash their own,
totally defeated and inept agenda.

If you are suggesting that the over-hyping (ANY over-selling) of the
current crisis does NOT affect the psyche of the population. you're
not going be doing well on Madison Ave. Advertisers count on people's
inability to tell the difference between real and fabricated diseases,
facts. products and crisis.
People buy the crisis, because they are told there is one.
Putting a magnifying glass on somebody's blistered toe, does not mean
the rest of the person is ready for burial. The news media, of all
persuasions, loves to look for that one turd in the meadow of flowers.
And we ARE affected by that. That negative **** wears people down. "Oh
bother...why get up in the morning..we're all going to hell in a hand-
basket anyway..oh bother."
Get a grip, okay, HeyBub?

Oh, I agree that the news programs hype the unusual. "If it bleeds, it
leads." But that's the way it has always been.

There's a verse in Numbers in chronicling the history of the Jews: "And for
30 years peace reigned throughout the land." That's it! Nothing worth
mentioning happened for 30 years! Another example is the situation in Iraq.
Since children are laughing, shops are open, people are voting, there's no
news! Normal stuff isn't worth mentioning.

Now as to your complaint about whether there's actually a "crisis." Yes,
there is, but it's not what the politicians and the news directors point to.
In fact, just about every "crisis" or large difficulty is the result of an
up-stream, failed, liberal experiment. Banking, homelessness, education, war
on terror, illegitimate births, you-name-it. That's the crisis: giving
credit to ideas from the loons.

Blame! Yes, let's blame the liberals. Blame women. Blame Jews. Blame
ideologues. That's a lot simpler than trying to understand and
characterize the problem and formulating a solution. And it makes me
feel superior. And comforted.
hallelujah,
j4