Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Microwave-range hood combo

"Gordon Shumway" wrote in message
We are remodeling our kitchen and the stove will be relocated. When
range hood ducting was mentioned the sales person suggested getting a
microwave-range hood combination and no ducting would be required. It
blows through a filter and then back into the kitchen.

Does anyone have experience with this type of arrangement and what are
your comments.

Thanks,
G.S.

Yes, they are about useless. Consider that millions of home have no vent at
all, you can survive without one. The recirculating filters do trap some of
the grease, but none of the heat if that is an issue. Not much better than
having nothing.