Posted to alt.home.repair
Han Han is offline

Default Microwave-range hood combo

Gordon Shumway wrote in
:

We are remodeling our kitchen and the stove will be relocated. When
range hood ducting was mentioned the sales person suggested getting a
microwave-range hood combination and no ducting would be required. It
blows through a filter and then back into the kitchen.

Does anyone have experience with this type of arrangement and what are
your comments.

Thanks,
G.S.

IMNSHO one of the reasons for a range hood is the exhausting of noxious
fumes. The filters in most systems are no more than cooling systems that
remove the oil and grease droplets. If you want to have everyone in the
house share in the delights of cooking fumes (bacon, onions, overfried,
burnt stuff etc), then by all means blow the fumes back into the house.

--
Best regards
Han