Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Mystery Voices

In article , Elephant wrote:
Ron wrote:

I was making some notes on my cassette recorder in a totally quiet
room, but when I played back the tape there was a male voice saying
"Hello, hello.... Hello, hello...." for about twenty seconds. I've
seen on rare occasions voices, sometimes music, coming from my guitar
amplifier when it was on and even from te TV set when it was actually
turned off, but this was rather freaky. How does a tape recorder do
something like that, and especially do it and only have the extraneous
voice be heard on the tape but not while it as being recorded?

Ron

You have a ghost in your house and the recorder was picking up an EVP.
Do a google search for EVP. Lots of people use recorders to hear what
ghosts are saying. You can't hear them while recording, but the
playback has their voices imprinted on the tape.

There is an organization in Utah that has recorded some pretty strange
things.

EVP gets recorded regardless of the medium. Its thought magnetic waves
are the culprit directly activating the sensitive mic circuitry. The recordings
are rarely clear and distinct. Strong RF signals are to be blamed
for distinct interference.

greg