Mike Hide

Default Is this *real* mahogany

And when the wife reads this you will probably add "different people" :]

--
mike hide

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 20:41:35 GMT,
(Charles Bragg (no, dammit,
not the painter)) wrote:

I have what was sold as Honduran mahogany and it looks like it
to me. What is bothersome is that parts of my boards refuse to be
smooth.....

True Honduran Mahogany gets as smooth as buttered silk, like slipping
into the best girlfriend that you ever had.

What you describe is more akin to what goes under the tradename
Philippine Mahogany, which is crankier than the worst wife that you
could ever imagine, twice as hairy, and not really a mahogany at all.

As per the analogy, they come from different places and have different
temperaments.

Regards, Tom
Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania