Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad
Hal Murray Hal Murray is offline

Default UP/DOWN Counter

In article ,
Jim Thompson writes:
Anyone used a 74HC191 UP/DOWN Counter, 3-stages?

Is there a way I can limit Terminal Count to 10-Bit?

I've used that chip or one of it's cousins, but that was a long
time ago.

I don't think you can get a simple TC out for the middle of the
chip. If you are just counting up, you can brew your own with
a 3 input AND gate using the TC in and the bottom two bits of
the top chip. Mumble, I'm not sure of the polarity on the TC.
It might take some inverters.