Posted to rec.woodworking
Chuck[_3_] Chuck[_3_] is offline

Default Cedar and galvanized nails

PDQ wrote:
Gerald Ross wrote:
Chuck wrote:
Has anyone heard that I can't use galvanized nails with cedar wood.
Someone has suggested that I will get some sort of chemical
reaction. This will be used on the outside of my house with a good
coat of latex paint covering it. Tks. Chuck

My 30 year old cedar sided house has spiral galvanized nails, acrylic
"stain" and nary a rust spot. Maybe those old nails were better.

Does "They don't make them like they used to." soud familiar?? G

P D Q

OK I am gonna use SS. Screws. Square drive and about 2 1/2" long,
Thanks to all for the input. Really appreciate it. Chuck