Posted to rec.woodworking
FrozenNorth[_4_] FrozenNorth[_4_] is offline

Default BUY USA clause in bailout package violates NAFTA

Phisherman wrote:

On 13 Feb 2009 20:41:24 GMT, Larrybud wrote:

"Joe" wrote in
t:

I just wish the damn media would stop milking these crisis. The
'Sky Is Falling' is making things worse.

Don't worry, once the Pork Bill passes and is signed into law the
reporting will suddenly turn positive, even before the first dollar
is wast^h^h^h^h spent.

The worst is yet to come. Hope you don't have any children--they will
will pay highly for all this. They should not call it a "Stimulus
Package." Currently I'm layed off--I want a job, not an extenstion
of unemployment benefits. What part of the Stimulus Package is going
to get me back to work? In a typical year I pay well over $18,000
in federal taxes, in 2008, my federal taxes were $260.

No work = Less federal tax dollars.

Hello inflation, hello higher taxes.

There seems to be a lot of that going on, I was laid off in December after
over 20 years with the same company. It isn't just happenning in the
States, I got a letter from the federal government this week denying me any
unemployment benefits, seems I made too much money when I was working, and
as my severance package was just a bit better than the legal minimum here
in Canada.

Out of over 70 people that used to work there, there is now a total of six,
and they were all just handed a 15% pay cut.

--
Froz...