Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman Paul K. Dickman is offline

Default Filing machine?

"Stupendous Man" wrote in message
Thats it. I assume Paul is camping a saw blade or file between the copper
block and the allen?
Mine has a "C" shaped overarm with no height adjustment, and an "L" shaped
arm that is below with a flat surface to stop the work from coming up.

No the screw pushes the copper jaw and the blade is clamped between it and
the steel slide.
If I clamp a file in it, I put an extra piece of copper sheet between the
file and the steel bar.

But as I said before, I almost never use it. A bandsaw blade welder made the
saw aspect less attractive and it is easier to avoid pushing on the
unsupported side of the file than it is to set up the arm.

I have seen the C overarm on other filers but never on a Milwaukee. But I
have only seen about a half dozen Milwaukees and most of them were missing
their arms.

Paul K. Dickman