Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Paul K. Dickman Paul K. Dickman is offline

Default Filing machine?

"Paul K. Dickman" wrote in message

"Stupendous Man" wrote in message
I puled an oldey out of the shed at work today and checked it out. looks
like it will work with a little effort
A "Rice Pump and Machinery Company", "Milwaukee die filer". It's a
table-top
machine a lot like jigsaw but has a 3/8 square file in the chuck. Anyone
familiar with this machine? It appears to be missing whatever connects
the
top of the file to spring loaded traveller on the overarm. If I see a
picture of one I can copy it.
--
Stupendous Man,

Mine was missing the same thing. I made a couple of parts that clamp
blades to the spring loaded bar with a piece of copper buss bar I had
laying around.

I wouldn't worry about it much, though. The only time I use that
attachment is when I clamp a hacksaw blade in it for roughing out a
interior opening.

Paul K. Dickman

I googled around and could not even come up with a decent photo of a
Milwaukee diefiler, let alone the blade clamp.

I shot some pictures of the one I made and put them up here.
http://flickr.com/photos/18070751@N05/3279457610/

Good luck

Paul K. Dickman