Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Furnace keeps shutting off

"Dick Adams" wrote in message
I have an oil furnace with an oil hot water heater.
It has shut off 4 times in the last week in spite
of there being over 100 gallons of oil in the tank.
All I've had to do is to click a switch on its
electrical box and it comes back on.

Other than someone hitting the emergency shutoff
switch, what should I be looking for?

Dick

Probably the eye is dirty or the nozzle is plugging up...Have your furnace
guy come and give it a good cleaning and replace the nozzle...About 70-100
bucks and I bet it will run like a champ again...You can DIY if you have the
know how and an old shop vac that you don't care about..Not that hard
depending on make...A breeze with my old American Standard with Beckett
Burner....Good luck....