George M. Kazaka

Default Is this *real* mahogany

Phillipine Mahagony will not do what he described and African Mahagony is
notorious for just that.
I'm sitting on a few hundred feet of 8/4 African I bought about 5 years ago
and do not want to use it
for the exact same trouble he had with it, as I said it is a beautful
hardwood but a bear to work.

Anytime I call in for Mahogany and they say Genuine, I always ask, Hondourus
or African, It usually will be African, If it is Hondorus they will sate so
and it will always reflect in the Price also.

George

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:20:04 -0700, "George M. Kazaka"
wrote:

Actually what you have is African Mahogany and it is usually passed off

as
Genuine Mahagony

"That's a bold statement." (cf PulpFiction, Tarantino, 1994.)

How did you intuit that he was dealing with African Mahogany, as
opposed to Philipine Mahogany?

Regards, Tom
Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania