Posted to alt.home.repair
Cj Cj is offline

Default Nail gun for outside use?

"Chuck" wrote in message
I need to replace some of my house outside paneling that is cedar (1'x9
1/4"x various lengths). I was thinking of using wood screws because some
of the new boards are cupped and the screws will pull the boards up tight
to the wall.
Can I use my nail gun? If so, are there any nails that would hold the
panel tight against the wall? Also can I get galvenized or non rust
nails?
I have over 100 panels to repair or replace so a nail gun sure would be
faster.
Any ideas? Thanks CB

You've gotten some really bad advice, you never use galvanized with cedar.

The zinc in galvanized nails reacts chemically with cedar and redwood. Nail
manufacturers recommend that you go with aluminum or stainless steel
fasteners when you're using either of these woods.

Look it up.