Posted to alt.home.repair
C & E C & E is offline

Default Amer Std commode bowl doesn't fill

This is a Cadet model which, for those not familiar, will empty the bowl of
something like 26 golf balls. It has been in use for two years and
yesterday the tank fill valve stopped allowing any water into the tank so I
replaced it with a generic model from Blue Box. Now the toilet flushes just
fine but there is only enough water allowed back into the bowl to cover the
area immediately around the siphon hole. I tried different settings on the
valve but at the highest setting it is still shy of filling the tanik by
1/2", I don't know if that 1/2" is even relevant to the bowl level. Any
ideas on the problem and the correction would be appreciated.
TIA,
Chuck