Tom Watson

Default ELECTRIC HAND PLANER QUESTION

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 15:03:12 -0400 (EDT), (T.)
wrote:

I've got a project in mind I think one of those hand-held electric
planers would work out well with, what with their depth of cut
adjustment, and all. And, no, a belt sander won't work.

I'm looking at my old Porter Cable 653 EHD Versa Plane as I type this.

In an earlier incarnation I used this beast to plane down the edges of
many doors.

It has a helical cutterhead with carbide tips, which is essentially
new, since a buddy of mine borrowed it and wound up having to buy me a
new cutterhead after fragging the original one.

It used to be thought of as the best of its' type.

I'm guessing that you can look up the specs on this thing.

I don't have much use for it anymore and haven't for donkey's years.

If interested, email me and make an offer.

Regards, Tom
Thomas J. Watson-Cabinetmaker
Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania
http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson