T.

Default ELECTRIC HAND PLANER QUESTION

I've got a project in mind I think one of those hand-held electric
planers would work out well with, what with their depth of cut
adjustment, and all. And, no, a belt sander won't work.

These are the hand-held planers with about a 3-4" wide cut. Not a
real planer.

I'm asking here, because I've never used one, and haven't ran
across anything from anyone who has actually used one, except a few
boat-builders. For their use, they could have as well used a belt
sander, so I need some more input.

Anyone here actually used one of these? Did you like it? Any
comments on using one? Depth adjustment work well, without
self-adjusting? Any problems with control?

Thanks to anyone that actually knows something.

JOAT
There must be a hundred silver dollars in here. I can't handle that sort
o' money, you've gotta be in the league of lawyers to steal that much.
- J. H. "Flannelfoot" Boggis

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT
Web Page Update 9 Oct 2003.
Some tunes I like.
http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofal...OMETUNESILIKE/