Posted to sci.electronics.repair
isw isw is offline

Default Mystery Voices

In article
,
Ron wrote:

I was making some notes on my cassette recorder in a totally quiet
room, but when I played back the tape there was a male voice saying
"Hello, hello.... Hello, hello...." for about twenty seconds. I've
seen on rare occasions voices, sometimes music, coming from my guitar
amplifier when it was on and even from te TV set when it was actually
turned off, but this was rather freaky. How does a tape recorder do
something like that, and especially do it and only have the extraneous
voice be heard on the tape but not while it as being recorded?

A nearby radio ham could cause that.

Isaac