Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jim Wilkins Jim Wilkins is offline

Default Band Saw VS Chop Saw

On Feb 11, 12:05*pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
Ok... *I have had a couple chop saws over the years. *My first one was an HF
What am I missing? *Is it worth it? *The base models from the import stores
seems to cost the same as a good quality name brand chop saw and go up from
there.

I want straight cuts, and I would like to not have to spend as much time
doing clean up on the cuts. *...
Bob La Londewww.YumaBassMan.com

A bandsaw cuts much thicker steel than a chopsaw can, and you can use
it freehand for notching etc. I don't think they are any better for
cuts that a chop saw can make; they greatly expand your capabilities.
They should cut square but may need attitude adjustment, which is
easier to do on the better ones.

Jim Wilkins