Posted to uk.d-i-y
Sumgod[_2_] Sumgod[_2_] is offline

Default Well Water, Pentek Filters & Iron Oxide

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:58:09 -0000, Sumgod wrote:

I've also found and netted filaments of the same colour from out of the
well.

I wouldn't expect iron oxide to form filaments, at least not soft or none
brittle ones. These filaments may well be an algae or bacteria.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Thanks for input Dave. It's probably my description that's misleading.
You're right I think when you use the word algae; this stuff is like the
stuff we sometimes get on the pond in summer - except it's orangy brown.

Look he

http://www.newscientist.com/article/...al-wealth.html

It's my (limited) understanding that the colur is coming from iron in the
rocks/ground.