Posted to sci.electronics.repair
William R. Walsh[_2_] William R. Walsh[_2_] is offline

Default Apple Powermac G4 power supply

Hi!

they used to have a power supply exchange program but
alas this is long gone (i called apple support) :^(

You may ask an Apple authorized reseller and service center if they
can help. I have one in my area, and when I called about a power
supply for a Quicksilver 2002 G4 system, they assured me I could get
one.

That was about a year ago, and the Quicksilver 2001 systems have or
will be losing parts support for now.

I did not end up needing to order one, so I don't recall the cost. It
turned out that the supply in question simply needed to be unplugged
for a bit to restore normal operation. I'm not sure why it acted that
way, it is still running to this day.

William