Posted to sci.electronics.components,nl.markt.elektronica,nl.hobby.elektronica,sci.electronics.repair
Sjouke Burry[_2_] Sjouke Burry[_2_] is offline

Default Looking for CTS256 (text to speech processor from the 80-ies)

GdB wrote:
The CTS256-AL2 is a text to code processor. It converts English text
to phoneme codes used by the
SP0256-AL2, which is a speech generator. It is all stuff from the 80-
ies, but it would be great fun to do a little project with this
chip... Any speech chips appreciated. Please let me know if you can
help me.

Thanks.

George

Maybe you can find something on the
Texas Instruments TMS5220 with a custom Acorn ROM
I played with in the eighties/nineties in a bbc-b computer.
That unbelievable computer had a socket reserved just
for that purpose.
And no, I dont have the chip or computer anymore.....