Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Help: How to Make a Gang Saw

Look at http://www.woodmastertools.com The planer\molder\sander is
also a gang saw.

I have an 18" unit with 7hp motor. I have run up to 7 blades cutting
pine and you don't even hear a difference in the motor sound when it
is cutting. You will likely need to make a custom attachment if you
need to get the blades closer than about 1 1\4". The blades slide on a
shaft and have a collar that is about 5/8" each side of the blade but
I have made custom attachments and just used thrust washers between
blades and you can get them as close as you want.

You can find these units used some times on craigs or eBay.

On Feb 6, 10:34*pm, Searcher7 wrote:
I need to cut soft metals into strips and also groove wood and
plastics for several projects, and it seems that the only plausible
way to make these cuts consistent and accurate is to use a gang saw.

Unless there are readily available "kits" for something like this, can
anyone direct me to a "how to" on making these?(I'll need to make 30
cuts/grooves at a time).

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.