Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default Pinging Wes (Was: CDCO is cheaper than Enco)

(Doug White) wrote:

The tool holders are what got me started there.
My brother's shop and mine both soak up lathe tool holders at the CDCO
price.

Any idea how hard they are? I occasionally need to modify them, and the
real McCoy are at least case hardened. The most common thing is that I
need to knock ~50 mils off the bottom to use 1/2" tooling because my
compound is just a bit high. I've found the Phase II holders are easier
to machine, but the CDCO's are even cheaper.

I'll try to remember to take one to work to check Rc. Might take me a day or
so to get to
it but I'll post back to this thread.

Feel free to jog my memory if I forget.

One free jog...