Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default Coming Soon th the USA...

"Paul Hovnanian P.E." wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Coming Soon th the USA...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...er/7876308.stm

Big brother at its finest :-(

The tinting thing alone only earned him a citation. But without a valid
license (the article doesn't elaborate on the exact problem) he couldn't
be allowed to drive on.

They offered to allow him to arrange removal of the vehicle, which he
could not. Perhaps this would only have involved him calling a friend to
drive it away. Failing that, the police had it removed.

A typical tow-away fee is around £100. Not exactly a great hardship for an
overpaid ball-kicker. Storage is around £10/day until reclaimed with the
correct documentation, and presumably the overtinted film removed in this
case.

I don't know what the traffic act cited states, but this only appears to
be a case of having a vehicle removed from the right of way for safety
reasons. Not confiscated or anything.

Correct.

I say this is great! I wish our state would make unlicensed drivers get
out and walk.

What do they do at the moment ?

And have the beaters towed straight to the crusher. Anyone
driving a $200K Bentley can undoubtedly cover the impound fees. Or the
vice squad gets a nice undercover vehicle for their fleet.

I'm sure they'd like one of those. Arrogant ****-witted footballers (soccer
to you guys) shouldn't think they can break the law with impunity.

Graham