Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Help: How to Make a Gang Saw

On Feb 6, 11:24*pm, Searcher7 wrote:

I need to cut soft metals into strips and also groove wood and
plastics

As for the metal strips, I'd like to get close to the .156" width of
some PCB traces

Two ways to get metal strips this thickness, a shear (just a
flat plate and a guillotine blade), with limited length of
strip (I've seen 5 foot wide throats, though). Or, a rotary
device (not sure what the name is), consisting of a top roller
with small/large/small...diameters opposed to
a bottom roller with large/small/large... diameters, both rollers
geared to rotate together.

As for slotting metal and plastic, you will need controlled-diameter
saw blades of known widths: horizontal mill saw blades of
this type are available from machinery suppliers, and that, rather
than woodwork-type saw blades, will be your best source
of standardized parts to build your production machine.