Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Replacing kitchen floor

"Gordon Shumway" wrote

The floor was installed before the cabinets were and therefore, goes
under the cabinets. My question is should I leave the cabinets in
place,

Yes, but it depends ...

along with the old floor, and put a new subfloor and tile over
the existing floor?

Depends upon the condition of the subfloor.

Or should I remove the base cabinets old floor
and old subfloor, and put a new subfloor and tile from wall to wall
and reinstall the cabinets?

No, but it depends ...

Is there a web site that shows detailed steps?

Not really ... you need an experienced builder/remodeler to evaluate _your_
situation and advise you on what best fits _your_ situation.

Simply put, no amount of guessing here will get you the best results for
_your_ situation.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08