Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default O.T. but interesting video: The Brits want their guns back

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009 05:23:34 -0800 (PST), wrote:

And I have lived long enough, and seen enough bull****, and broken
promises and lies from...just about everyone...that I no longer
believe what I see without question. It didn't take more than 30
seconds to find the interferences to the NRA video/article that showed
it was dubious, to say the least.

So. Where does that leave "the truth"

I don't care enough to do the research to prove or disprove any of it,
I don't care that much about the subject - we have a different
culture, and its a bit much that your gun lobbyists try to bolster
their case with "statistics" and research from my own country.

Credibility needs to be earned - Cliff with his loony leftist rants
has the same credibility as Gunner with his "messages from high
ranking officials telling the truth" - ie, zero.

In closing - its an emotive subject anyway (like politics) so no
amount of argument, rational or otherwise, is going to change anyone's
mind. I read a quote once that said "everything you read in the
newspapers is correct, except for the subject you have great knowledge
about"......

Andrew VK3BFA.

In other words...despite MULTIPLE sources of data, you choose to ignore
all of it, because your mind is already made up, and nothing will change
it.

And wave your hands in resignation over your inability to care one way
or another....anything else might make you reevaluate your world view
and its simply too much bother.

Thanks for the honesty, though your clarity of position leaves something
to be desired.

Pip pip...stiff upper lip and all that.

Its sad to see how far into apathy the collective Anglo pysche has
plummeted. From a once proud and rightious people...to mediocrity at
best and a dispirited flock of sheep at worst.

Pity

Gunner

"Not so old as to need virgins to excite him,
nor old enough to have the patience to teach one."