Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Washers to hold Foam Board

Joe wrote in
:

On Feb 6, 12:35 pm, wrote:
Hi..finishing off my basement and am using sheets of foamboard to
cover the concrete. I have used the proper adhesive but in some
places where the concrete is not smooth the foam has some loose ares/
bulges. I want to use some tapcon screws to hold the foam in place.
The thing is I cannot find any washers to use with the tapcon screws.
Yes I can use two washers per screw but I am looking for plastic or
metal washers that are about 1" - 1.5" in diameter and have a hole of
about 3/16". Not to be found in Newfoundland. They do not even sell
felt tins here anymore (HomeDepot, Kent, Rona etc).

Can anyone recommend something I can use? I was looking for a
plastic tube that meets the measurements that i could make washers
out of - but can't think of what exactly.

See if the roofing department has some of those nails with big plastic
washers used to hold down roofing felt. Toss the nails and insert
Tapcon. Ought to work ok IMO.

Joe

That was my first thought. These guys:

http://www.simplexnails.com/PlexCapDataSheet.html
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...03+9 0282+871

Or fender washers. Small hole with large washer.

Or tin Cap Discs. Just a flat round piece of sheet metal Comes in a box
like screws/nails. No hole. This one shows 1-5/8" but I've seen a few
sizes. Got thaem at HD once where all the nails and screws are.

http://fasteners.hardwarestore.com/1...ign=googlebase