Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Searcher7 Searcher7 is offline

Default Help: How to Make a Gang Saw

On Feb 7, 2:12*am, "RAM³" wrote:
Searcher7 wrote in rec.crafts.metalworking:

I need to cut soft metals into strips and also groove wood and
plastics for several projects, and it seems that the only plausible
way to make these cuts consistent and accurate is to use a gang saw.

Unless there are readily available "kits" for something like this, can
anyone direct me to a "how to" on making these?(I'll need to make 30
cuts/grooves at a time).

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

How wide will the material be, how widely spaced will be the cuts, and how
narrow the kerfs?

As for the metal strips, I'd like to get close to the .156" width of
some PCB traces I'll be working with.(I can clip them to whatever
length I'll need).

And the grooves in wood/plastic are to be wide enough to accommodate
those strips, and have the same .156" spacing between the grooves.

So that is two different gang saws I'll need.

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.