Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Washers to hold Foam Board

On Feb 6, 12:35*pm, wrote:
Hi..finishing off my basement and am using sheets of foamboard to
cover the concrete. *I have used the proper adhesive but in some
places where the concrete is not smooth the foam has some loose ares/
bulges. I want to use some tapcon screws to hold the foam in place.
The thing is I cannot find any washers to use with the tapcon screws.
Yes I can use two washers per screw but I am looking for plastic or
metal washers that are about 1" - 1.5" in diameter and have a hole of
about 3/16". *Not to be found in Newfoundland. *They do not even sell
felt tins here anymore (HomeDepot, Kent, Rona etc).

Can anyone recommend something I can use? *I was looking for a plastic
tube that meets the measurements that i could make washers out of -
but can't think of what exactly.

Newfoundland, where is that, I did the same with foam board but no
glue, washers of that size are at any hardware store here. If basement
leaks at all or you get damp walls you should only screw and not glue
it. So when it molds behind you can remove and waterproof and clean
off the mold.