Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] usenetr2000@gmail.com is offline

Default Washers to hold Foam Board

Hi..finishing off my basement and am using sheets of foamboard to
cover the concrete. I have used the proper adhesive but in some
places where the concrete is not smooth the foam has some loose ares/
bulges. I want to use some tapcon screws to hold the foam in place.
The thing is I cannot find any washers to use with the tapcon screws.
Yes I can use two washers per screw but I am looking for plastic or
metal washers that are about 1" - 1.5" in diameter and have a hole of
about 3/16". Not to be found in Newfoundland. They do not even sell
felt tins here anymore (HomeDepot, Kent, Rona etc).

Can anyone recommend something I can use? I was looking for a plastic
tube that meets the measurements that i could make washers out of -
but can't think of what exactly.